Thursday, August 5, 2010

Burp Cloth Tutorial

A dear friend of mine had her baby shower the other day and I wanted to make her something special. I designed a burp cloth that turned out so adorable and SUPER cozy!


What you need: peanut shape pattern, flannel top fabric, cozy bottom fabric, scissors, pins, sewing machine, matching thread, tags.


Step 1: I printed a peanut shaped pattern and then cut 4 pieces of the quilted fabric and 4 pieces of the back cozy fabric. You can chose any fabric you like. Flannels are the softest for the top, then you can use a chenelle or any soft fabric you want for the bottom.




Step 2: With right sides together pin the front (quilted) and back (cozy) and then sew around the edges using a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave a 2-3 inch opening on one side for turning. I used these markers as my starting and ending point.


(here is my opening, from pin to pin)

Step 3: Snip along the curves so when you turn right side out the edges lay nicely.




Step 4: Pull right side out through the opening.




Step 5: Fold opening pieces inside and insert the tag and pin in place. Sew opening closed.


These come together super easy and quickly.


They turned out SOOOO cute!




Almost makes me want to have another baby...just so I can make some for myself.


Make these for yourself or for your girlfriend. They are a perfect baby shower gift!




(Copyright Information: This pattern, including text and images, is copyrighted to Heidi Cogdill, Hip Chicks Craft Too. No part of this pattern can be copied, shared, distributed or sold. All rights reserved. No commercial use of this pattern is allowed (which means you cannot sell the finished product).

No comments:

Post a Comment